What do you do after having an enjoyable cup of your favorite coffee? Kick up your feet and bask in the sweet aromatic after taste? Unfortunately, that’s not always true for all of us because after brewing your aromatic coffee, the task of cleaning your Ninja Coffee Bar awaits.
Cleaning a coffee machine is not a tough job if you follow our guide how to clean a Ninja Coffee Bar by five easy step.
Don’t despair; it’s not such a tedious task. With these easy to follow instructions, cleaning your Ninja Coffee Bar will be a breeze.
Basic Tools You’ll Need
The most important aspect when selecting a descaling solution isn’t the brand name. Any cleaning solution can be effective as long as it’s specifically formulated for coffee machine. If you don’t have a descaling solution, you can use white vinegar as an alternative.
Your Ninja Coffee Bar is already fitted with the necessary components required for cleaning. Using warm foamy water will ensure your coffee carafe, and tubing gets a proper clean.
The Benefits of a Clean Ninja Coffee Bar
Doing regular maintenance on your Ninja Coffee Maker will keep your machine in prime condition. Follow these easy steps to clean your it.
How to Clean a Ninja Coffee Bar
First Things First
Experts recommend to clean Ninja Coffee Bar every few months. When your machine detects excessive calcium build-up, the Clean light will automatically go on.
Remember, you’ll still be able to use the coffee Bar even when the clean light is on, but the quality and consistency of the coffee might be jeopardized. To get better taste and aroma it’s recommended to take necessary action whenever clean light will on.
How to Descale Your Ninja Coffee Bar
So, why is descaling so important? Simply because the calcium build-up due to the water flow causes a white residue to accumulate. This build-up is known as limescale and can become hard & impenetrable over time. Descaling your coffee machine breaks down the substance, clearing the device of any calcium deposits build-up.
1. Organize Your Descaling Solution: If you’re using a descaling solution, make sure you follow the instructions of that specific brand. The instructions are usually at the back of the container in an easy to understand format.
If you’re using white vinegar, add two cups of white vinegar to the water reservoir and fill it up with water.
2. Positioning Your Parts: Now that you have your solution ready ensure your decanter is securely placed in your coffee maker. This ensures your cleaning solution has a receptacle to run the cleaning cycle through.
For optimal results, you can select the ‘Fill Carafe’ setting for a proper clean.
3. Running the Clean Cycle: The Ninja Coffee Machine has been designed to run a clean cycle that reaches all the vital places. It runs the descaling solution past the tubing and efficiently breaks down the limescale build-up.
Don’t interrupt the cleaning cycle when in progress as it must complete the cycle before you start cleaning the remaining parts. The entire cycle might take approximately eight minutes or even an hour, depending on the type of machine you have.
No need to rush it; allow it to run its course, and you’ll be pleased how tasty your next cup of coffee will be.
4. The Flush Cycle: The following step in the process is dependent on the model of your coffee maker. Some models don’t have the flush cycle. If yours has, then it’s ideal for running the flush cycle straight after the clean cycle has stopped. Don’t wait for more than 15 minutes; otherwise, you will have to start the entire cycle all over again.
To activate the flush cycle, wash your water reservoir and carafe & fill it up with clean water. You’ll see the word “Flush” flashing on the display screen. Press the clean button, and the flush cycle will commence. It will take approximately eight minutes for the cycle to run.
But what happens if your coffee maker doesn’t have the flush cycle? Simply fill the reservoir with clean water and run a cycle. This will be an empty cycle with only water and no coffee added. Do this twice for a thorough flush through the tubing to avoid any cleaner remaining.
5. Rinse and Clean: It’s now time to clean the remaining parts of your coffee bar. Use your small brush for all the smaller parts and clean with soapy water. Rinse well and assemble the machine.
You can give your carafe and water reservoir one last scrub in soapy water & rinse. Remember to also take out the bar filter for a good clean.
Let’s admit it. A strong cup of coffee gets most of us through the day. Why take the risk of turning an enjoyable moment into an awful one? That can happen if you neglect a good clean regularly.
You don’t have to wait for the ‘Clean’ light to go on. Make clean Ninja coffee bar a priority, and schedule frequent intervals for it. It doesn’t take up much of your time, and you can see you don’t need many products.
A clean coffee maker equals happy moments of enjoying your favorite coffee. Let us know what your favorite moments has been using your Ninja coffee bar: leave a message in our comments section.