When one thinks about excellent quality equipment, something as simple as a manual coffee grinder would be the last thing you would think of. To the coffee barista, this is an essential part of making exceptional cups of coffee.
To make excellence part of your daily routine, you need something to assist in making your daily cups of caffeine into a tastier work of art.
Coffee sommeliers won’t settle for anything less. So let’s help you make the right decision too.
Our Top Pick: HarioSkerton Ceramic Coffee Mill >
Coffee sommeliers will always tell you that to get the best quality cup of Joe is to do it yourself. Get your own coffee beans, your own espresso machine and of course your own manual coffee grinder.
Someone who treats coffee as an average beverage will never know the struggle of finding the perfect coffee mill. Coffee experts know that quality equipment is imperative to their craft.
So what is the best manual coffee grinder you ask? The HarioSkerton Ceramic Coffee Mill, of course! But what sets this coffee grinder apart from the rest? Let’s find out.
Why it’s Better than Others
The HarioSkerton Ceramic Coffee Mill, like most coffee grinders, is a simple mechanism yet it’s really popular in the coffee community. But why is it so sought after?
The HarioSkerton manual coffee grinder comes with a small glass jar, with a removable rubber base. The rubber base secures the bowl while you’re grinding the coffee, so it doesn’t slip and slide on the counter when in use.
The hopper, which is placed over the glass jar, is used to load your coffee beans. There’s a lid that comes with the hopper to avoid spilling the contents of the beans when you’re grinding them.
What sets the HarioSkerton, apart from the rest is the coffee burr itself, which is made from ceramic. This ensures lifelong durability and quality. The construction of this ceramic mill is of better superiority and functionality than many others on the market.
With the HarioSkerton you can actually customize the type of grind you want. You can adjust the burr to give you either a course or fine grind. This adjustment is at the top of the coffee mill where the arm is bolted in. Simply unscrew the arm and use the adjustment cog to set the burr to your preference.This will give you the type of grind you desire.
Where to Buy it?
You can buy the HarioSkerton Ceramic Coffee Mill at any local homeware store or you can order it off Amazon, and any leading online stores.
The HarioSkerton isn’t that much more expensive than any other well-known brand coffee grinders. In fact, for the quality, size, and durability of the ceramic coffee mill, the cost is reasonable in comparison to other brands. It’s also a lot smaller than other grinders, which makes it perfect for traveling and storage.
Why you should Buy Manual Coffee Grinders Instead of Auto Coffee Grinders?
We could think of a hundred reasons why manual grinders are better than auto grinders. But let’s chalk it down to some simple facts.
1. The first reason would be the most obvious; because auto grinders are not portable. Coffee connoisseurs simply don’t want to leave home without their trusty coffee grinders when they travel. Most manual grinders are small which makes them less of a hassle to store
2. Auto coffee grinders are not user-friendly as there are far too many mechanisms& components to worry about. The simplicity of using a manual coffee grinder is far better than any machine.
3. Auto coffee machines are simply too expensive, especially repairing them when they break. Replacing the internal parts can also be extremely expensive, not to mention time-consuming to fix.
4. Maintenance on an auto coffee grinder is also costly and time-consuming. Manual coffee grinders are effortless and easy to keep clean.
If you’re interested in becoming a coffee sommelier or you’re one already, take a look at some of the top 2020 manual grinders people are talking about.
Top-5 Manual Coffee Grinders In 2021
1. Hario Small Coffee Grinder
2. Handground Grinder
3. JavaPresse Manual Burr Coffee Grinder
4. ROK Coffee Grinder, Aluminum
5. Grosche Bremen Coffee Grinder
Although most manual coffee grinders are the same in components and functionality, the quality of the grind and the simplicity in use are the most important factors for a manual coffee grinder.
If you’re planning on trying something new this year why not try out one of these manual coffee grinders and see which one is best suited for your coffee making skills. Your coffee can taste better than you ever imagined.